I am about to purchase the DD40 and the guide rail. I expect 80%+ of the use will be drilling 32mm system holes in either melamine (PB or MDF core) or veneer core ply. The other 20% of use will be for joinery in hardwoods. I do not anticipate using the DD40 for dowels larger than 12mm since I have the Domino XL. In my decision making, I could go either way and the cost difference between the two machines is not a factor. The DD40P has more power which I like but it runs much slower than the DD40G machine which I think may be a negative for my intended use. The following are my open questions intended for owners of each model DD40;
DD40G - When using bits up to 12mm for hardwoods, do you find this model runs too fast or underpowered and wish you had gone for the DD40P model?
DD40P - When drilling system holes in melamine, do you wish you had the higher speed DD40G? (My perception is that I would get a cleaner cut with the higher speed)
It cuts perfectly, I wouldn't be concerned about the speed, it's plenty fast. Extremely clean cuts in MDF core melamine, couldn't imagine it could be any better. I also tried it on china birch just to see and the cut quality is the same. Just tried the 3mm cmt drills yesterday, they cut great also. So with the p I can drill 3mm thru 16mm. Definitely the most versatile model. Extremely powerful for such a small package.
If you purchase the 1600mm extension be sure to get the accessory clamps, one with the stop and one without.
I'm also a P owner. I prefer more power and full range of drill bits over higher speed. The P is plenty fast enough I think. The way I use my DD40 I'd be worried about burning the wood with the higher speed.
abdon: I stand corrected , the angle fence is only attaches with F -Tracks , what confused me was , that the Timberwolf site mentioned it will work with the NFU machine, yes it will work but only I guess when you use the Ftrack , with other tracks Like the KSS L.
Nov 28, 2020 22:52:01 GMT -5
glynnco: Did you order from GereedschapPro? I see them as in stock but I'm located in the US and am not sure if they ship here. I sent them an email asking about shipping but it was returned undeliverable...
Dec 10, 2020 7:37:40 GMT -5
jonathan: I've purchased a lot of stuff from our neighbours @ GereedschapPro.nl As far as I know they are one of the larger Mafell dealers in the EU. I can recommend them, they usually respond quickly.
Dec 11, 2020 13:58:36 GMT -5
NFU 50 Transportation?: Hi Guys, is there some Systainer for the NFU 50?
Dec 11, 2020 14:30:12 GMT -5
frezik24: Hello everyone
Dec 13, 2020 9:20:00 GMT -5
lasse: Thanks for the tip! I have own a mafell rail which is 160 cm and one that is 80 cm. Will it work just as well or will I need to buy rail that is 110 cm?
Mar 18, 2021 15:35:15 GMT -5